remedial || giving or intended as a remedy or cure.
Manual manipulation combining a mixture of hands on sports massage techniques, accupuncture style needling (dry needling), taping and addressing functional movement patterns. You do not need to be a sports person to receive this treatment! Whether you have an injury from fitness, poor postural habits or just want to keep yourself in a state of health - each treatment is completley tailored to you.
This type of treatment uses gentle pressure and stretching techniques to relax the whole body. Unlike your traditional massage whereby oil is used onto bare skin, Thai massage is performed fully clothed on a comfy mat on the floor. This treatment is more about movement and manipulation of the body, leaving you feeling totally chilled and stretched out.
(*For those of you who have ever been to a yoga class; this treatment is like receiving a 60minute full body savasana adjustment leaving you feeling totally zen!)
YOGA THERAPY & AYURVEDA
You will experience a safe, nurturing and welcoming experience. Each session is tailored to YOU, making your experience unique. Whether you want to learn the basics of yoga or are interested in the healing benefits of practice, there is something for all to feel nourished by. You will arrive to a welcoming space, we’ll settle in with a herbal tea and a chat as we go through your consultation form. From this initial consultation the session will be tailored to your needs. Yogic remedies and techniques to guide, NURTURE and RESTORE will be shared with you throughout the session. There is not a ‘one-fix-all’ approach to healing so with this in mind the focus is to meet you, the clients needs and to personalise your experience. Yoga therapy gives the client a chance to discover their potential. To free themselves of mental, emotional and physical obstacles and challenges and a yoga therapist the opportunity to fully utilise the tools of yoga to help the individual with any suffering they may have. Unlike in a yoga class where the teacher has many bodies to look after they can structure a tailored healing sequence unique and personalised to that person. A person with injury or illness will get much more from a 1:1 therapy session than that of a group class as the session with a yoga therapist is synchronised to that ‘body’ in particular.
Keeping You Safe
When booking a massage, you are agreeing to our terms & conditions below regarding the Covid-19 guidelines:
- Please sanitise your hands when entering and when leaving the studio
- Your therapist will be wearing a mask during the massage,
- Please keep you distance when entering & leaving the studio, following our floor markers
- Pre booking only via the MINDBODY app on our our website
- We’ll be deep cleaning between clients so please leave promptly
- Please bring minimal belongings with you
- Please arrive ready for your massage; we do have shower facilities but we are trying to limit the use of these
- We have a lovely space for massage with high ceilings and plenty of windows so the space will be well ventilated
- We have a 24hour cancellation policy; within this timeframe there is a 50% charge
- Mostly importantly we’re so excited to welcome you to our space!
© Copyright Shiva